Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: December 31
BIRTHPLACE: New York, NY
STAR SIGN: Capricorn
YEARS ON SHOW: 1985-96; 1998-present
MARITAL STATUS: Companion Cindy Ambuehl (ex-Kim, B&B)
CHILDREN: Sons Lauren, Sasha, Alexander and Luca (with ex-wife Rachel Braun); twin sons Anton and Davis (with Ambuehl), born January 20, 2003
He may play handsome ladies’ man on B&B, but portrayer Don Diamont admits that even he went through an awkward stage when he was younger. Still, the New York, NY, native eventually began a brief modeling career (“I didn’t like standing there for hours on end having my picture taken.”), and then switched to acting. He joined DAYS OF OUR LIVES as young stud Carlo in 1984.
Though his DAYS job lasted for only a few months, Diamont made an impression on viewers and the soap world; he began his first stint as Y&R’s Brad the next year. Over the years, Brad evolved from pool boy to businessman — and Diamont endured performing in some outrageous storylines, such as when Brad’s ex-wife, Lisa, kept his character locked in a cage in 1988.
In 1994 Diamont wed his first wife, Rachel Braun. He also began pursuing more work outside of the soap. That year, he guest-starred on BURKE’S LAW and had a role in A Low Down Dirty Shame. The next, he appeared on OP CENTER. In 1996, Diamont left Y&R so he could do prime-time and movies full-time.
It was a good move. Diamont soon lined up a series of TV guest spots, including HIGH TIDE and DIAGNOSIS MURDER. He was then cast as BAYWATCH’s Gavin in 1998, and won the title role in The Incredible Adventures Of Marco Polo.
However with a growing family, the actor chose to return to the more stable daytime world that year, and came back to Y&R. His life took another turn when he divorced Braun in 2002. In 2003, he and Cindy Ambuehl (ex-Kim, B&B) welcomed twin boys, making him a father of six.
- Birth name is Donald Fienberg.
- Is actively involved in charities supporting research for multiple sclerosis, which his niece, Alyssa, suffers from. In 2001, he received the Ambassador of the Year Award in recognition of his efforts on behalf of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.
- Previously dated co-star Eileen Davidson (Ashley) and former DAYS co-star Gloria Loring (ex-Liz).
- He enjoys being with his family and is an avid cyclist.
- Chosen by People magazine as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the world in 1990.