Role Steve, GH
Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: May 16
BIRTHPLACE: Delight, AK
STAR SIGN: Taurus
YEARS ON SHOW: 2009-present
MARITAL STATUS: Married Melissa Brennan (Jennifer, DAYS) on March 23,1990
CHILDREN: Daughter Emily Taylor was born on June 23, 1992. Son Lawrence David was born on August 4, 1997, named after his paternal grandfather and maternal uncle.
Born in Arkansas, Scott Reeves and his family relocated to Santa Monica, CA, when he was just a boy but he never lost his love for all things Southern. After being bitten by the acting bug, Reeves quickly landed several film and television roles before his career-defining gig as sexy young executive Ryan McNeil on Y&R, where he stayed for a decade. After Y&R killed off his character, Reeves took a break from acting and formed the country band BLUE COUNTY with partner Aaron Benward. They signed a record deal and the following year, released their self-titled debut album, which produced four singles on the Billboard country singles charts, including “Good Little Girls,” which made it to No. 11. In 2006, wife Melissa quit DAYS and the Reeves’ moved their home base to Nashville, TN. In 2007, he returned to acting and in 2009, landed the role of Elizabeth’s half-brother, Steven, on GH. Shortly after, Reeves moved his family back to L.A., though they still retain their home in Tennessee and visit whenever possible.
- His full name is Gregory Scott Reeves.
- Early in his career, he often competed for roles with Brad Pitt (ex-randy, DALLAS; ex-Chris, AW) and the two became friends.
- In 1994, he won a Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Younger Leading Actor.
- Appeared as himself on DAYS in 2004 and ATWT in 2005.
- Formed the band Port Chuck with real-life pal, Steve Burton (Jason), Brandon Barash (Johnny) and Bradford Anderson (Spinelli).