Show Days of Our Lives
BIRTHDATE: February 27
BIRTHPLACE: Eugene, Ore.
STAR SIGN: Pisces
YEARS ON SHOW: 2008-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Born and raised in Eugene, Ore., Brandon Beemer admits to having a “crazy imagination” since childhood, yet he never seriously considered acting. Instead, he played sports in high school and earned small scholarships to several colleges for track. However, upon graduating from Willamette High School he opted to forsake higher education in favor of heading to New York when a modeling agency offered him work in the fashion industry. Although it paid the bills, Beemer felt unfulfilled by the strike-a-pose scene and began taking acting classes.
With a new career goal, Beemer moved to Los Angeles, where he quickly landed roles on television and low-budget features. He got his big break in 2006, when he was cast as the new Shawn-Douglas Brady, supercouple Bo and Hope’s No. 1 son. On the romantic front, the actor is dating DAYS OR OUR LIVES’s Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe).
Beemer and leading lady Martha Madison (ex-Belle, DAYS) were abruptly cut from the show in early 2008. He landed on his feet a few months later as B&B mystery man Owen Knight. His official Web site www.brandonbeemer.com.
- After graduating from high school, briefly worked as a driver at the local Coca-Cola bottling plant.
- Previously portrayed another character on DAYS: Assistant DA Brett Weitz, in February 2006.
- First day of work as DAYS’ Shawn was Sept. 11, 2006.
- Loves playing poker, particularly Texas Hold 'em.
- He and Cathy Doe (ex-Simone, PASSIONS) rang the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange on March 15, 2007.