Role Ashley, Y&R
BIRTHDATE: June 15
BIRTHPLACE: Artesia, CA
STAR SIGN: Gemini
YEARS ON SHOW: 1982-'89, 1999-2007, 2008 - present
MARITAL STATUS: Married to Vincent Van Patten (2003-present); divorced from Jon Lindstrom (1997-2000); divorced from Christopher Mayer (1985-'86)
CHILDREN: Son, Jesse Thomas, born May 2003
Born and raised in southern California, Eileen Davidson started her career as a model in Mexico City and California. She was nominated for a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in 2003, as well as a Soap Opera Digest Award for Favorite Return in 1999.
Davidson’s first daytime role came on YOUNG AND RESTLESS as Ashley Abbott in 1982, but she later went on to appear in SANTA BARBARA and DAYS OF OUR LIVES before returning to Y&R in 1998. She has also had roles in the prime-time television series BROKEN BADGES and the TV movie SHARING RICHARD. Davidson left Y&R in 2007 and was immediately contacted by head writer Brad Bell (son of Y&R co-creator, the late Bill Bell) to bring Ashley to BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL. Davidson re-upped with Y&R in October 2008.
On the big screen, Davidson had starring roles in Eternity with Jon Voight and Armande Assante, and Easy Wheels with Paul LeMat.
- When she's not acting, Davidson enjoys surfing, skiing, and scuba diving, as well as playing piano, painting, and writing.
- Is 5 foot 7 inches, has blonde hair and green eyes.
- Works with Para Los Niños, an organization supporting inner city children in Los Angeles.
- She became the first performer on daytime television to play five separate characters at the same time on DAYS in 1998, a feat that won her an Emmy nomination as Best Actress.
- Hostess of an infomercial for the "NuBrilliance" microdermabrasion system in 2009.