Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: September 21
BIRTHPLACE: Meredith, NH
STAR SIGN: Virgo
YEARS ON SHOW: November 2006-present
MARITAL STATUS: Married
CHILDREN: Daughter Juna Meredith (b. July 18, 2011); daughter Finola Leo (b. May 2, 2014)
In November 2006, Bradford Anderson joined the cast of GENERAL HOSPITAL as the quirky Damien Spinelli. Born and raised in Meredith, New Hampshire, Anderson’s mother encouraged both he and his sister, Jennifer, to get involved in theater. Anderson’s first role was at the age of 6 as Tiny Tim in A Christmas Carol as a part of a professional theater company. In 1998, Anderson graduated from high school and went on to attend the Tisch School of Performing Arts at New York University. Following his graduation from NYU, Anderson joined The Philadelphia Theater Company, where he won the prestigious Philly Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as Billy in Edward Albee’s The Goat …Or Who Is Sylvia? opposite John Glover. He went on to reprise the role at the Arena Stage in Washington, D.C. His musical experience includes playing the lead role of Valentine in the Goodspeed Opera House’s revival of Babes In Arms and Arpad in She Loves Me. Upon moving to California in 2005, Anderson landed his first TV job within weeks and has happily called himself a working actor ever since. His official Web site is http://bradford-anderson.com/.
- Claims his greatest achievement is making Steve Burton smile!
- At NYU, he spent his summer theater program living with 30 people in one house! They'd rehearse all day, do a show, and then party all night.
- Is not a computer whiz like Spinelli, but does claim to be quite a good typist.
- Changed his professional name from Brad Anderson to Bradford Anderson because there was already a Brad Anderson registered with the Actors' Equity union. Anderson claims, "He's a Fosse dancer [on Broadway] and much better-looking, so I figured I should start a whole new identity."
- Upon moving to L.A., he often housesat for one of his N.Y.U. schoolmates, Kristen Bell.