Katherine Kelly Lang
Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: July 25
BIRTHPLACE: Hollywood, CA
MARITAL STATUS: married Alex D'Andrea on July 2, 1997
CHILDREN: Jeremy (b. Sept. 5, 1990) and Julian (b. Oct. 11, 1992) from her first marriage to Skott Snider (1989-95), and daughter Zoe (b. May 11, 1997) with D'Andrea
A horse enthusiast since childhood, the California-born Katherine Kelly Lang seemed more destined to become a professional equestrienne or veterinarian than an accomplished actress. But fate intervened when the blond-haired beauty (you know, the kind The Beach Boys sang about) graduated from Beverly Hills High School and was hired as an extra for the feature film Skatetown, U.S.A. The producers plucked Lang out of the background and cast her instead as the girlfriend of the leading man.
A few episodic TV guest-starring turns, movie roles and music-video appearances later, Lang was cast in 1987 as Brooke on B&B, which was then a glitzy, new daytime drama from the creators of YOUNG AND RESTLESS. Brooke, an ambitious but compassionate young chemist determined to rise above her blue-collar roots, quickly became the heroine to watch. Though her choices have been both dubious and distinctive through the years (marrying three men from the same family, taking over a fashion dynasty and giving birth to her son-in-law’s baby), she remains one of daytime’s most memorable roles.
During down time from B&B and motherhood, Lang likes to keep active with tennis, jogging, dance classes (ballet and jazz), wind surfing, mountain biking and horseback riding. She not only owns several horses, but also competes in cross-country endurance races. Because of B&B’s global popularity, Lang is also in demand for modeling and commercial gigs throughout Europe.
Residing in the L.A. area (not far from co-star John McCook, Eric) with her family, Lang has received several Soap Opera Digest nominations, for Outstanding Lead Actress (2003), Outstanding Heroine (2001, 1991), Hottest Soap Couple (with Ronn Moss, Ridge, 1995) and Hottest Female Star (1993).
- Was born Katherine Kelly Wegeman.
- Her parents are Judith Lang, a movie and TV actress, and the late Keith Wegeman, an Olympic long-jump skier who portrayed the Jolly Green Giant in the memorable TV commercials during the 1960s and '70s.
- Lang's close pals (including cast and crew at B&B) call her Kelly.
- At the invitation of the Sheik of Qatar, Lang and her horse placed third in the International Desert Marathon in 1996.
- Lang is one of B&B's four original cast members (along with Susan Flannery, John McCook and Ron Moss).