Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: October 31
BIRTHPLACE: Los Angeles
YEARS ON SHOW: July 2010-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Three-time Emmy-nominated actor Scott Clifton‘s acting career began when he was 9 years old, and his mother gave him a copy of Hamlet to read. Within days, Clifton had memorized the “To be or not to be” speech! Being raised in Los Angeles, his mother introduced him to an actor who taught him about Shakespeare and acting.
Clifton is best known for portraying Dillon Quartermaine on GENERAL HOSPITAL, a role he played from 2003-’07. An instant fan favorite, Clifton was one-half of the Dillon/Georgie teen supercouple and got to showcase both his comedic and dramatic acting skills. For his role as Dillon, Clifton received Daytime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Younger Actor in 2004, 2005 and 2006. In January 2009, Clifton returned to daytime as Schuyler Joplin, the mysterious new biology teacher at Llanview High School. A little over a year later in April 2010, Clifton left ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Shortly after, he announced he would be going to B&B in the role of Liam. He first appeared in July 2010.
A fan of nature and the environment, Clifton spent a great deal of time in his youth camping, fishing and diving in various mountains and lakes with his father. Clifton also has an interest in psychology and philosophy, and keeps a popular video blog on YouTube. Clifton is a musician and has self-produced three albums. His official Web site is www.scottclifton.com.
- Has a canine named Mist that is 87 percent arctic wolf.
- Originally auditioned for another role on GH (other than Dillon), but was turned down for not having the right look.
- Is well-read on holy works such as the Bible, the Torah, the Quran, The Book of Mormon and Tao Te Ching.
- Is a self-proclaimed expert at the pogo stick.
- Shares his music on his Myspace page: www.myspace.com/scottcliftonsmusic.