Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: May 12, 1977
BIRTHPLACE: Tarzana, CA
STAR SIGN: Taurus
YEARS ON SHOW: 1997-present
MARITAL STATUS: Married to Michael Saucedo (ex-Juan, GH) since 2001.
CHILDREN: Son Ethan was born on Oct. 31, 2001, daughter Ella was born on April 12, 2004, and son Emerson was born on Aug. 9, 2010.
A California native, Rebecca Herbst became intrigued with acting when her older sister, Jennifer, appeared in a children’s exercise video for Disney. The video’s producer, who was also an agent, promptly arranged Herbst’s first commercial audition for Banner toilet tissue, and she landed it at the tender age of 6. The gig began a long and prosperous career, spanning more than 60 national commercials.
Herbst’s other passion growing up was ice skating, which she devoted herself to for 12 years. She originally planned to compete competitively, but at the age of 16, she realized she had to make a choice between skating and acting, and chose the latter.
By this point, Herbst had begun doing bit parts on movies-of-the-week, sitcoms and pilots. She landed her first regular series role on Nickelodeon’s SPACE CASES, playing an alien. In 1997, she auditioned for GH’s Elizabeth Webber, a mischievous teenager, who evolved into a beloved heroine.
It was on GH that Herbst met and fell in love with then-co-star Michael Saucedo. The couple wed in a romantic ceremony on Maui on June 1, 2001. Herbst gave birth to their first child, Ethan, that October. Daughter Ella followed in 2004 and son Emerson was born in August 2010.
In her spare time, Herbst still enjoys ice skating, along with rollerblading. She also loves to sew, a passion she inherited from her mother. Her official Web site is www.rebeccaherbstonline.com.
- ; For her role as Suzee on SPACE CASES, Herbst had to dye her hair so it had seven strips of vibrant blue, red and purple going through it.
- Herbst gave co-star Jonathan Jackson (Lucky) his first on-screen kiss, during her screen test for GH.
- She does all her fan club events to raise money for The Smile Train, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping millions of children born with cleft lips and palates.
- She was instrumental in casting her TV son, Cameron. Braden Walkes, who plays the role, is the real-life son of one of Herbst's best friends.
- An avid seamstress, Herbst has designed and sewn many of her Daytime Emmy gowns. She created the dresses worn by Natalia Livingston (ex-Rebecca/Emily) and Kimberly McCullough (Robin) at the 2006 ceremonies.