Nancy Lee Grahn
Role Alexis, GH
Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: April 28
BIRTHPLACE: Skokie, IL
STAR SIGN: Taurus
YEARS ON SHOW: 1996-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
CHILDREN: one daughter, Katherine Grace "Kate" (born 1998)
Nancy Lee Grahn grew up in Skokie, Ill. When she was a teenager she developed an interest in acting, making her first stage appearance as a pony in a community theater production of Oklahoma. She went on to the University of Illinois and dove deeper into theatrical performances. Her first professional credit was starring in Guys and Dolls. She studied in New York and performed in A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Barefoot in the Park, along with many other productions.
Grahn made her daytime debut in 1980 on ONE LIFE TO LIVE as Beverly Wilkes and later went on to play the memorable Julia Capwell on SANTA BARBARA until the show was canceled in 1993. In 1989 she won an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress.
The actress resides in California with her daughter, Kate. In her spare time she enjoys volunteering for assorted charities in addition to various political activities. Her official Web site is www.nancyleegrahn.com.
- Favorite actresses are Meryl Streep and Katharine Hepburn.
- Parents were choreographers for their local community theater in Skokie, Ill.
- Starred on 7TH HEAVEN as Principal Russell from 1997-1999.
- Tied for the supporting actress Emmy in 1989 with Debbi Morgan (ex-Angie, AMC)
- Worked on the Al Gore campaign in the 2000 presidential election.