Role Paul, Y&R
BIRTHDATE: October 24
BIRTHPLACE: Glendale, CA
STAR SIGN: Scorpio
YEARS ON SHOW: 1978 - present
MARITAL STATUS: Married to Cindy Fisher (ex-Rebecca/ex-Dana, Y&R; ex-Diane, DAYS) since May 27, 1984
CHILDREN: Daughter Calyssa and son Caden
Doug Davidson was a marine biology major at Occidental College before venturing into acting. On May 15, 1978, Davidson assumed the role of Paul Williams on Y&R, where he would meet his future wife, Cindy, who has portrayed two roles on the show. Davidson received his first Emmy nomination for Outstanding Lead Actor in 2003, on the eve of his 25th anniversary with Y&R. He has been nominated six times for a Soap Opera Digest Award and scored four victories: Outstanding Supporting Actor in 1997 and 1992, and Outstanding Hero in 1991 and 1990. The actor has also hosted numerous television shows and charitable events. During the 1994-95 TV season, he hosted the nighttime version of THE PRICE IS RIGHT. He has also emceed the TOURNAMENT OF ROSES PARADE LIVE, along with CBS’s COMING UP ROSES NEW YEAR’S SPECIAL. He served as the master of ceremonies for THE KENNY ROGERS CEREBRAL PALSY TELETHON three years in a row. His official Web site is www.dougdavidsononline.com.
- Learned he got the role of Paul when a Y&R costumer called him requesting his measurements.
- Once appeared in a Fruit of the Loom campaign with David Hasselhoff (ex-Snapper, Y&R).
- A game show veteran, Davidson has appeared on more episodes of FAMILY FEUD than anyone, with the exception of the show's host.
- Hobbies include scuba diving, camping and water skiing.
- He holds a first-degree brown belt in karate.