Julie Marie Berman
Role Lulu, GH
Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: Nov. 3, 1983
BIRTHPLACE: Los Angeles, CA
STAR SIGN: Scorpio
YEARS ON SHOW: 2005 - present
MARITAL STATUS: Married Mike Grady on August 15, 2008
AWARDS: Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Younger Actress, 2009
A bona fide California girl, Julie Marie Berman was born and raised in Los Angeles. Courted by casting directors and talent scouts from a young age, Berman had already starred in a number of commercials by the time most kids were learning their multiplication tables. In fact, at the tender age of 6, she landed two commercials in one week: one for Hilton hotels and one for a doll called Raspberry Cakes.
Her big break came when she was in the eighth grade, in the form of the recurring role of Shelby Connor on the hit series 7TH HEAVEN. The role of Lulu Spencer, the daughter of legendary couple Luke and Laura, is her first on daytime.
Berman graduated in May 2006 from the University of Southern California, where she majored in film and television. Her official Web site is www.juliemarieberman.com.
- Has starred in over 100 commercials.
- Dyed her hair red to star in a commercial for a Little Mermaid doll.
- Has the dialogue from the film The Princess Bride completely memorized.
- Was a Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority sister while majoring in Cinema-Television studies at USC.
- Onscreen dad Anthony Geary (Luke) insisted she watch Jane Fonda's camp classic Barbarella (1968), because he believes Berman looks exactly like the star-faring heroine.