Role EJ, DAYS
Show Days Of Our Lives
BIRTHDATE: January 14
BIRTHPLACE: Jesmond, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
STAR SIGN: Capricorn
YEARS ON SHOW: 2006-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
The eldest of four children, James Scott always knew he was destined to become an actor. He was first introduced to the theater upon moving to Edinburgh, Scotland, where he got a summer job at the Gilded Balloon Theatre, working with such great actors/comedians as Stephen Fry, Ben Elton and Eddie Izzard. Quickly taken with “the business,” Scott realized that he needed to move to London to focus on acting as a career.
Upon relocating, Scott was discovered and signed by the Storm modeling agency. His new gig afforded him the funds to put himself through school. Scott eventually enrolled at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art. After studying for two years, he moved to the States, where he was introduced to acting coach Ivana Chubbuck. Scott credits her influence and support with playing a large role in his future success.
Scott first came to the attention of American television fans when he was cast as Ethan on ALL MY CHILDREN. Upon his character being killed off the soap, he received a call from the DAYS OF OUR LIVES casting office inquiring if he’d be interested in tackling the new role of EJ Wells. Scott promptly moved to Los Angeles and accepted the job.
The single actor is engaged to model/actress Meyghan Hill.
- Began his career working in the music industry, promoting clubs and working as a disc jockey in Edinburgh, Newcastle, York and London.
- Modeled with the Storm agency, which has also represented superstars Kate Moss and Elle McPherson.
- Is credited as the camel from the Dasani water advertisements.
- Is a co-founder of Urth Solution, a company that helps developing markets to capitalize on their natural resources in an environmentally friendly way.
- In his spare time, the outdoors lover enjoys kayaking and going to the beach.