Role Johnny, GH
Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: October 4
BIRTHPLACE: St. Louis, MO
STAR SIGN: Libra
YEARS ON SHOW: November 2007-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
CHILDREN: Daughter Harper Rose (b. January 7, 2014)
If Missouri native Brandon Barash hadn’t become an actor, he says he would have been a doctor. That’s because the then-USC student had a dual major: theater and pre-med. “My plan was to play college basketball and become a surgeon,” he says. But a knee injury changed those plans and Barash found solace in performing in school plays. However, the burden of such a heavy dual major took its toll and Barash had to make a decision. “I came to a crossroads,” he notes. “You can’t do both.” Acting was it, he decided, and two months after graduating in 2002, he landed two episodes of GILMORE GIRLS and has worked steadily ever since. Of his GH experience, he adds, “I still wake up every day and, as cheesy as it sounds, I want to pinch myself.”
- Worked with GH: NIGHT SHIFT's Antonio Sabato Jr. in the film Crash Landing.
- Credits Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, Rachmaninoff, Beethoven and the Beatles as his musical inspirations.
- His favorite vacation spot is Alaska.
- Says his toes are his worst physical attribute. "They're about as long as my finger," he chuckles.
- Shaved his head in high school when he landed the role of Daddy Warbucks in Annie.