Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: September 17
BIRTHPLACE: Grand Prairie, TX
YEARS ON SHOW: September 2008-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Texas native Billy Miller got into acting while attending the University of Texas. After graduating from college, he moved to Los Angeles and was signed with the Wilhelmina agency.
Through the agency, he landed commercials for JCPenney and Pizza Hut, but quit the biz for two years after having a bad experience with a manager.
Miller switched his representation and landed the role of AMC’s evil Richie in 2007 — on his first audition after his hiatus. During his year on the show, the newcomer stood out and was even named one of Digest‘s Sexiest Men in 2008. The stint came to an end in September, but that same month, he was tapped to play YOUNG AND RESTLESS’s newest incarnation of Billy Abbott. Though Miller is still fairly new to daytime and is now in a recast role, he immediately won over viewers and his castmates with his swaggering, confident portrayal of Billy. His TV brother (and fellow AMC alum) Peter Bergman (Jack; ex-Cliff, AMC) praises, “He’s so talented. He just fit right in with the Abbotts.”
On-screen, Miller is enjoying several juicy storylines; in addition to Billy being the father of Chloe’s baby, he’s caught up in Jack’s schemes. “I feel like I’m at home here,” enthuses the actor. “I know how lucky I am to have such a great character to play.”
- Miller supports the Sunflower Children, a humanitarian aid organization that helps children in need.
- At the University of Texas, Miller was one of only 20 students to participate in the film department's intensive Production Sequence.
- Miller has his own company called 4M, which builds and operates bars.
- Was originally a business major in college.
- Worked in the mailroom at a production management firm.