Role Shawn, GH
Show General Hospital
BIRTHDATE: August 10
BIRTHPLACE: St. Louis, MO
STAR SIGN: Leo
MARITAL STATUS: Married to actress/dancer Nadyia Jones since June 19, 2010
CHILDREN: Jersey Nariah (b. May 2013)
Actor Sean Blakemore, the fifth of seven children (five girls and two boys) from a single parent household, moved from his hometown St. Louis to Los Angeles in 1998, “To act, period.” Blakemore had a lucrative career as a model before he moved to L.A., and having never taken a vacation, he spent three months getting familiar with the city and learning how the acting game worked. Now a steadily-working actor, Blakemore is also an award winning Visual Fine Artist, who has shown in several art galleries in the U.S and abroad.
- One of his early jobs in L.A. was at a page at a studio, where future Oscar nominee Michael Clarke Duncan worked as a security guard.
- Calls The Backstage West "an actor's best friend".
- Appeared as himself in the TV-film TAKE 3 in 2006.
- Received honors at the 2003 Hollywood Black Film Festival for his portrayal of an unfaithful boyfriend in Big Ain't Bad.
- Appeared as September in Saturday Night at the Palace with the Furious Theatre Company in Los Angeles in 2002.