Role Amber, B&B
Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: June 7
BIRTHPLACE: Mount Clemens, MI
Adrienne Frantz began performing at a young age, immersing herself in theater, voice and dance lessons while in her hometown of Mount Clemens, Michigan. At age sixteen she headed east, where she enrolled in a Medford, New Jersey high school and pursued voice and acting lessons in New York City. While still a freshman in Marymount College, Adrienne was tapped to play Tiffany on Aaron Spelling’s short-lived series SUNSET BEACH. Although her stint on the show was brief, that experience helped her land the role of sweet yet scheming Ambrosia “Amber” Moore on THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL. The role garnered Adrienne several nominations and awards, including a Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Younger Actress.
Various other film and TV roles soon followed, including playing eccentric foreign exchange student Fez’s girlfriend on the hit comedy series THAT 70s SHOW and voice work on two popular children’s shows, RUGRATS and THE WILD THORNBERRYS. Adrienne later moved Amber to THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS where she proved once again to be a fan favorite.
Frantz recently took a break from TV to pursue a career in music. Her rock album, “Anomaly,” will be released in the fall of 2007. Additionally, Frantz has used her time off to star in two upcoming movies, a teen slasher flick and a romantic comedy.
Frantz is also committed to the welfare of animals and is involved in various charitable organizations, including PETA, Save The Horses and Tippi Hedren’s Shambala Preserve. Her official Web site is adriennefrantz.com.
- Sang "The Star Spangled Banner" at a number of Pistons, Neons and Viper games in her home state of Michigan by the time she was 13.
- Performed vocals for the TV production of BYE, BYE BIRDIE which also starred Jason Alexander and Vanessa Williams.
- Following the advice of her CBS Television City neighbor Bob Barker, neutered a stray cat she found and adopted, only to discover the cat was a pure bred Savannah, kittens of which could have sold up to $47,000. Thanks, Bob.
- Once dated Goo Goo Dolls lead singer Johnny Rzeznik.
- Was once attacked by a "fan” at a meet-and-greet. The woman got a hold of her and shook her while screaming, "Stay away from Johnny!"