Soap Opera Digest Style Squad contributor, Christina Flach, dishes about the hottest spring trends in the new issue, and she’s also offering up a makeup kit from her own line, Pretty Girl Makeup that you could win! Tweet her @Prettygirlmkup and tell her what your favorite spring trends are using #prettygirlspring and be entered to win a Pretty Girl Makeup bundle with 2 lip glosses, 1 mascara, 1 bronzer and 2 limited-time lipsticks. Tweets must be posted by April 3, 2017 to be eligible to win. The winner will be selected no later than April 11, 2017, and will be selected at random from all tweets posted by the deadline.
Spring fashion week showed bursts of color, smudgy liner, some shimmer on the cheeks and bold color on the lips. What does that mean for the rest of us, who want to appear chic and fashionable but not like we’re trying too hard trying to look like a supermodel walking down the catwalk? Here are a few suggestions:
• If your eyebrows have gotten out of control, get them waxed by a real professional and then start filling in your brows with a pencil or shadow to frame your eyes. The benefits of the brows not being so heavy and thick are that your eyes appear larger, and best of all, it takes years off!
• Use a soft pastel lipstick on the lips to give a fresh, light feel. (Adding a lip gloss like Soul Mates by Pretty Girl Makeup makes the lips appear fuller.)
• The runways were full of a spring-like smoky eye. Experiment with your eyeshadows and if it looks a tad too messy — not exactly how we want to appear at work, or my favorite, “Mommy, why does your makeup look like that?” — dip a Q-tip in water and clean the corners of your eyes.
• Splurge on a new mascara! They are only meant to last 3-6 months before they dry out. Adding a second coat of mascara will get your eyes to pop.
• A bronzer across the cheeks after this long winter will help give the illusion of a week’s vacation at the beach.
• I can’t say it enough: Take care of your skin! Everything will look better if your skin is properly taken care of. Using an eye cream, moisturizer, Vitamin C serum and exfoliating scrub, and drinking lots of water, eating more greens and keeping away from sugar will do wonders.