Role Brot, AMC
Show All My Children
BIRTHDATE: June 14
BIRTHPLACE: Shreveport, LA
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Birthday: June 14
Hometown: Shreveport, LA
Years on Show: 2008-present
Marital Status: Single
J.R. Martinez entered the Army in 2002 and was deployed to Iraq in 2003. Two months into his deployment, the Humvee he was driving struck a landmine. He suffered severe burns over 40 percent of his body. He recovered in Texas at a military hospital, where over the course of over two years he underwent over 30 surgeries, including skin grafts. At the urging of a nurse, Martinez began to share his story with other patients, and ultimately, he became a motivational speaker, eloquently using his expriences to help and inspire others. He answered the call when AMC sought to cast the role of Brot with a real-life vet, but remains active in charity work alongside his Pine Valley duties.
- J.R. stands for Jose Rene. It was Martinez's decision to start going by J.R.
- As a high school senior, his football team (he played strong safety) went to the Georgia State Championship.
- He has a tattoo honoring his mother, sister, and late sister.
- His beloved dog is named Romeo.
- His mom watched AMC while he was growing up, and introducing her to her favorite actor, Michael E. Knight (Tad), is a moment Martinez says he'll never forget.