Role Dayzee, B&B
Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: January 11
BIRTHPLACE: Spring, TX
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Texas native Kristolyn Lloyd began acting in high school and loved it so much that she decided to major in it in college. After impressing Carnegie Mellon University with a last-minute audition, she was awarded a full scholarship to the prestigious school. There, she participated in an intensive theater program. “We studied a lot of the classics,” she says.
After graduating, Lloyd moved to Los Angeles and began pounding the pavement. The actress, who is also a talented singer, starred in several musicals, including Rent and Once On This Island. While Lloyd was doing Island, Angela Bassett attended a performance and hung out with the cast afterward. In 2009, Lloyd landed a guest-starring role on ER as Laura, the niece of Bassett’s character Dr. Cate Banfield. Lloyd was thrilled since Bassett is one of her idols — and remembered Lloyd from the musical.
In 2010, Lloyd spent most of her year overseas doing volunteer work. When she returned, she auditioned for B&B’s Dayzee, the homeless woman whom Stephanie befriended. Though Lloyd didn’t think that her reading went well, she won the role. She was even more surprised when she was offered a contract in December.
Now that Dayzee has settled into B&B, she helps Stephanie runs Dayzee’s coffeehouse and has been dating Thomas and Marcus — which Lloyd loves. “I can’t believe that I have two hot guys after my character,” she marvels. “It’s a nice job perk!” Still, Lloyd looks forward to fleshing out other aspects of Dayzee.
- Graduated from Klein High School in Klein, TX, where fellow alumni include WHITE COLLAR's Matt Bomer (Neal; ex-Ben, GL), ER's Sherry Stringfield (Susan; ex-Blake, GL) and singer Lyle Lovett.
- Ran track in high school.
- Was in the ensemble for a production of Rent directed by Neil Patrick Harris (HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER).
- Spent six months in the jungles of Indonesia, Bangkok, Thailand and Kuching, Malaysia doing missionary work.
- Volunteers on Skid Row each weekend in real life.