Role Chance, Y&R
BIRTHDATE: June 27
BIRTHPLACE: Woodbridge, VA
STAR SIGN: Cancer
YEARS ON SHOW: July 2009 to present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Born in Woodbridge, Va., John Driscoll was raised in a military family. “I grew up in that regimented lifestyle,” says the actor, whose father Eugene graduated from West Point and was a lieutenant colonel in the Army.
A natural athlete, Driscoll excelled in sports, particularly soccer, baseball, football and lacrosse. He attended George Mason University, where he majored in theater, appearing in productions of The Odd Couple, Dangerous Liaisons and The Vagina Monologues. He also modeled professionally, appearing on the runway and in catalogs for clients such as Armani, Versace and Hecht’s. Modeling led to acting in commercials and onstage in musical theater.
Driscoll made his television debut as Brandon on YOUNG AMERICANS in 2000. He also landed a recurring role on DAWSON’S CREEK in 2001, and appeared in an episode of ONE TREE HILL.
He branched into daytime when he was cast as Coop on GUIDING LIGHT in 2004; he portrayed this role until the character was killed off in February 2009. The following July, he debuted as Phillip “Chance” Chancellor IV on YOUNG AND RESTLESS.
The single actor resides in Los Angeles. He enjoys devoting his free time to charitable causes and is particularly devoted to children, the elderly and animals.
- Entered George Mason University on an opera scholarship.
- Was a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity.
- Once worked as a waiter at Bubba Gump Shrimp Company in New York's Times Square.
- Was quarantined with several cast members from GL, when a mercury-filled blood pressure device cracked on the set.
- Was roommates with co-star Billy Miller (Billy) during his first few months on Y&R.