Role Leslie, Y&R
Show The Young and the Restless
BIRTHDATE: August 2
BIRTHPLACE: Orangeburg, SC
STAR SIGN: Leo
YEARS ON SHOW: 2010-present
MARITAL STATUS: Single
South Carolina native Angell Conwell was only 11 when she moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career. It paid off: Throughout her teens, Conwell guest-starred on many prime-time series, including PARTY GIRL, SABRINA, THE TEENAGE WITCH, 3RD ROCK FROM THE SON and NYPD BLUE. In 2001, Conwell landed a starring role-playing Kianna on the NBC teen sitcom CITY GUYS. Throughout the rest of the decade, the actress continued to appear in a steady stream of TV shows, such as THAT’SO RAVEN, MY WIFE AND KIDS, EVERYBODY HATES CHRIS, and movies, including Portal and Half Past Dead 2.
In 2010, Conwell joined Y&R as feisty young lawyer Leslie Michaelson. The actress and character quickly became a favorite of fans, who hoped that Leslie’s role in Genoa City would increase. They got their wish in 2011 when Leslie had a one-night-stand with Neil and was a pivotal part of the storyline surrounding the lawsuit between Victor and his children.
- Daughter of Talent Agent Sheila Legette.
- Played the daughter of female rap star "Pepa" (Sandra Denton) in her first television pilot ON OUR OWN.
- Was the first African American student body president at her elementary school, Seven Oaks Elementary, in Columbia,
- Was born in the same hometown as HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL's Monique Coleman (Taylor).
- Appeared in the music video for Nelly and St. Lunatics's song, "Batter Up."