May 9, 2008By Tom Stacy Posted: May 9, 2008
Much like when I was a kid, it's now May so that only means one thing: Time to make our Christmas lists! Okay, so I liked to plan ahead, but here's what I'd love for my beloved GENERAL HOSPITAL, in no particular order....
1. Less bullets, more love.
2. Felicia comes home, again, to try and salvage the relationship with her only living daughter. Wagner's return for Georgie's funeral was truncated, possibly due to the writers' strike, and those scenes where Maxie chewed out her mother during her eulogy crackled with tension and excitement and earned Kirsten Storms (Maxie) a Performer of the Week nod. This is a gold mine waiting to be played, people.
3. Robert Scorpio must come back, if for nothing else, to meet his new grandchild. And really, couldn't Mac use his brother's help to clean up that crime-ridden town?
4. Let Bobbie and Jerry have at least a scene together. It boggles my mind that he's been back in town for over a year and has yet to set eyes on the woman he left at the altar when he was arrested. At least have her slap him!
5. Pick a guy for Lulu and stick with him. The ball was totally dropped with Lulu and Logan, who had great potential for an epic romance considering the historical Spencer/Baldwin feud. Then came the "I love you, but you're too dangerous for me" romance with Johnny. Um, haven't we seen that before with, Hmm, Jason and Elizabeth, Jason and Robin, Sonny and Kate, Sonny and Carly, Sonny and Brenda, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera?
6. Stop killing Quartermaines!
7. If we can't get Genie Francis back on a full-time schedule, at least have Laura wake up again to find out that Luke is really married to Tracy Quartermaine. First of all, I can hear her laugh now! If she thought Lucky becoming a cop was funny, wait till she gets a load of that. Then, once it sinks in that her remarriage was a sham, albeit a sweet one, it sends her back into Scotty's waiting arms. Then, we've got a delicious battle of warring couples, especially since Scott and Tracy were scheming bedmates back in the day. What do you think?
8. Let "Scrubs" a.k.a. Robin and Patrick be happy — at least for a little while.
9. While GH has a diverse number of minority characters roaming the hospital halls, can we get any of them a storyline? Stat!
10. Finally, I have to jump on the Brenda bandwagon and say it's time for Vanessa Marcil to reprise the role, if only for a short period of time. With Carly married to Jax, the stage is set for a romantic triangle to end all triangles. Imagine the romance, the passion, the catfights! I say, bring it on.
Thanks, Santa, and if you can deliver, I promise I'll be good. Really:)