Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: November 4
MARITAL STATUS: Single
Born in Hinsdale, IL, Heather Tom became a commercial actress at the age of 2, and was dancing with the Pacific Northwest Ballet by age 10. She was a member of the Seattle Children’s Theatre and studied piano at the Academy of Music and Dance. She also studied at the famed Strasberg Institute with coach Margrit Pollak, and took lessons with Diane Hardin at the Young Actors Space.
At 13, Heather and her actor-siblings made the move with mother Marie to Hollywood. Tom joined the cast of Y&R as Victoria Newman in February 1991, when she was 15. She departed in April 1997, but returned later that year. With eight Daytime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Younger Actress, Tom took home the award twice, in 1993 and 1999. Her nomination in 2000 marked the first time a brother and sister were nominated in the same year (David Tom won for Outstanding Younger Actor for his role as Billy Abbott on Y&R). Tom has received three Soap Opera Digest Award nominations, and won the honor in 1997 for Outstanding Younger Lead Actress. The actress also received three nominations for the Young Artist award.
Tom exited Y&R for the second time in November 2003. A month later, she resurfaced as Kelly Cramer on ONE LIFE TO LIVE. She left OLTL in December 2006, but not before earning two more Daytime Emmy nominations in 2005 and 2007.
An accomplished stage actress, Tom’s stage credits include a lead role in Pinocchio II for Center Stage USA. She also starred in the Los Angeles premiere of The Glass Menagerie. Tom’s stage credits also include starring roles in Out of Gas on Lover’s Leap and Vanities at the Creative Outlet Theater in Los Angeles, a company which she co-founded. She produced both productions, as well as Scooter Thomas Makes it to the Top of the World. With friend Chad Allen (DR. QUINN, MEDICINE WOMAN), Heather produced a revival of Neil Simon’s Biloxi Blues as well as appearing in the play as “Daisy.” The revival won five Dramalogue Awards. Tom also produced the play Talking With, in which she co-starred with 10 daytime leading ladies, including former Y&R co-stars Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki), Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) and Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia). Tom’s official Web site is www.heathertom.net.
- Tom stands at 5-foot-7, and has brown hair and blue eyes.
- She comes from a show business family: sister Nicholle was a regular on THE NANNY; brother David played Paul on AMC in 2004, and played Billy on Y&R from 1998-2002; sister Yvonne played Daisy on Y&R in 2010-2011.
- She is fluent in sign language.
- A political activist, Tom is a frequent contributor on MSNBC's SCARBOROUGH COUNTRY and was a frequent guest on POLITICALLY INCORRECT.
- As a young actress, Tom took acting classes at the Young Actors Space, paying for sessions with the money she earned working at a local cookie shop.