Role Tawny, B&B
Show Bold and Beautiful
BIRTHDATE: June 18
BIRTHPLACE: Aurora, IL
STAR SIGN: Gemini
MARITAL STATUS: Married to Steve Rodriguez (Jan. 10, 1998)
CHILDREN: Adopted daughter Kylie Lyn (b. May 9, 2004)
Born and raised in the Midwest, Andrea Evans first shined in the spotlight in beauty pageants. By age 10, she was doing regional theater and commercials. The bright high school student skipped a grade, graduated early and attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. While in college, Evans was cast as an extra in The Fury, then in the miniseries THE AWAKENING LAND, during which Mary Jo Slater, a casting director, spotted her and got the young actress a role on ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Evans portrayed the much-loved villainess, Tina, for several years, then moved on to YOUNG AND RESTLESS, did another stint on OLTL and later joined BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL. She landed the role of socialite bitch Rebecca Hotchkiss on PASSIONS in 2000, and remained in Harmony until PASSIONS closed shop in 2008. Before Rebecca’s fate was revealed on-screen, however, Evans was back in Llanview as Tina. In late 2010, Evans left Llanview and headed to B&B to reprise her role at Amber’s mother Tawny. Her official Web site is www.andreaevans.com.
- Has a photographic memory.
- Adopted her daughter on Mother's Day 2004.
- Was briefly seen walking across the street in the TV movie, MALICE IN WONDERLAND (1985). The producers sought her out for her "distinctive wiggle."
- Was honored with the role of celebrity ambassador for the City of Hope's Walk for Hope to Cure Breast Cancer for several years.
- You can find Evans's vegetarian recipes in Healthy Cooking magazine.